abreast adv : alongside each other, facing on the same direction
- Informed, well-informed, familiar, acquainted
- Side by side, with breasts in a line; as,
- Two men could hardly walk abreast. - Macaulay
- Side by side; also, opposite; over against; on a line with the vessel's beam; -- with of.
- Up to a certain level or line; equally advanced; as, to keep abreast of [or with] the present state of science.
- : At the same time; simultaneously
Side by side
nautical: side by side; also, opposite; over against; on a line with the vessel's beam
up to a certain level or line
- Finnish: tasalla